Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Wide Triangle

In my last post, I talked about my new book and how I just HAD to cast on for A Wide Triangle. It's easy and gorgeous. I got three strands of 22 beads each, for a total of 66 beads. The pattern calls for 64 beads, but with the center bead, that is actually 65. So I have one extra bead. I'm most of the way through, and I've knit it mostly in movie theaters or watching movies with friends the past couple days. As such, there are definitely a couple of mistakes in the edging, including not decreasing and therefore adding a couple of stitches. This creates extra decrease repeats later. Enough to place another bead. Great, I have 66 beads, it's all good.

Wait, I have only 14 left, I should have 15. I only have 65 beads. What the heck. I must have dropped one while stringing. I thought I did, but didn't find it right away, and didn't think I needed all of them so didn't count. Which means that of course, I would have to use that extra bead, right? D'oh!

I shall now be extensively searching the couch where I was stringing the beads in hopes of finding the errant bead. They're pretty big wooden beads too, so it shouldn't be that hard to find. Or so I'd like to hope.

Here are some WIP photos, and maybe FO photos later today if I can find the bead.

Wide Traingle WIP

Edge Close-Up
Close-up of center point of triangle.

I also need to photograph all the projects that have wound their way out of the woodwork during the unpacking/packing extravaganza. I have three blankets I've given family members that have never been photographed, but I can only find one. I'm quite pleased with the other two, so I'm hoping to find them. The real question is, when I put them into Ravelry, does each of the 13 washcloths using the same pattern get its own project title, or should I just count them all as "Tunisian Crochet Washcloths"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!