Friday, June 20, 2014

Fruit Bowls

It is truly amazing what some sugar and water can do to yarn when combined correctly. I've made five crocheted lace fruit bowls, and they really do hold their shape even when filled with a bunch of heavy apples. I love these things and would probably make more if I had more yarn that was appropriate for them.


I made the first two as a reciprocal gift for a professor who gave me some handmade Japanese thread balls his mother made. I wanted to make the bowls to see how they turned out, and the timing was perfect to make them as gifts.


I then had three more balls of yarn that were appropriate for bowl making and decided to make bowls out of all of them.


 One, the black one, is mine. The other two are probably going to be Christmas gifts, and will live in my gift box for the time being.


Pattern: Lace Bowl (Ravelry mine 2 3 4 5)
Yarn: DMC Senso
Hook: 2.25mm/USB
 Timeframe: March 5, 2012 - June 14, 2014, a couple of days' crocheting and a week or so of drying each.
Mods: None!
Problems: None!

Honestly, the thing that makes them totally perfect? The Pyrex bowl that is the exact shape to use as a mold for forming the bowls. Oh Pyrex, my Pyrex, what would I do without you?

1 comment:

  1. Looking good, all of them :) I made one similar but want to try this one soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!