Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Harvest Wedding Blanket

This was my September (and into October) project. I bought the yarn back in January for a friend's
October wedding. I started it in February on too-small needles, so ripped it back and put it away for a little while. A little while ended up being almost seven months. I re-started it on September 1st, figuring if I did one square per day for September, the center strips would be done and I would just have the seaming and borders to do in the first couple weeks of October.

I mostly finished on time, and then got pretty sick for a week and a half and didn't touch it. So of course, I was binding off the last edge and weaving in the ends between the ceremony and the reception. Which means I only have one (not too bad) cell phone picture of it unblocked and hanging over the car door:

Yarn: Red Heart With Love in Tan, Mango, Eggshell, Lettuce, Chocolate, Bluebell, and Merlot
Needles: US9/5.5mm, US13/9.0mm for the bindoff
Timeframe: September 1 - October 18, 2014
Mods: Knit the first row of each square to make the color changes clean.
Problems: None, aside from getting sick and then finishing it at the last minute.

The wedding was excellent and I truly hope they enjoy the blanket!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!