Saturday, July 23, 2016

Clapotis KAL

Last month I defended my dissertation. In thanks to my committee, I knit them all a Clapotis, five scarves in five different colors, and with the leftovers, I made myself a dissertation blanket. I wasn't sure I'd get it all done in time, but between dissertation delays, conference knitting, and a final KAL, I got the scarves done and enough of the blanket done for a picture.


Pattern: Clapotis (Ravelry mine 2 3 4 5)
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft Paints in Sunset, Peacock Feather, Spring Brook, Rose Garden, and Oceana
Needles: US8/5.0 mm
Timeframe: January 9 - June 9, 2016
Mods: None!
Problems: None!

For the blanket, the stripe order was decided by how much yarn I had left of each. I wanted to be able to continue until I was out of yarn, even if that meant doing a partial repeat of the colors. I do wish the blanket were a bit longer, but it's a good lap blanket (cat approved!) and will probably stretch out with use. 


Pattern: Eco Throw (Ravelry mine)
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft Paints in Sunset, Peacock Feather, Spring Brook, Rose Garden, and Oceana and Caron Simply Soft in Black
Hook: USI/5.5 mm
Timeframe: June 8 - July 18, 2016
Mods: Worked until the colors were gone, used six colors not three.
Problems: None!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!