Sunday, March 27, 2011

Absinthe, Finished!

I love these socks!  This is the first pair of shorter cuffed socks I've made, shorter due to yarn quantity in this case.  I'll probably make a pair of short-cuffed something else after I finish with Rhiannon, as there should be enough leftovers for a small pair.  Sadly, wearing these with my Danskos seems to give them some permanent black marks.  Only on the toe though, so not a major problem, but still, sad.  They also pill due to fiber content, but I knew that going in.  I still love them to bits!


Pattern: Absinthe (Ravely)
Yarn: Abstract Fibre Sock Club, Cyrus base
Needles: US1.5/2.5mm
Timeframe: June 30, 2009 - February 28, 2011
Mods: Heel.  I started the gusset earlier due to my larger instep, after doin' it rong the first time.
Problems: Just the heel issue.  Stupid high instep.  Oh and I suppose the cuff problems, though I am glad with how it turned out.


Socks!  Now to continue in my quest for a fully handknit sock drawer with Rhiannon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!