Monday, April 11, 2011

WIP Update

WIPs, let me show you them!


First off, we have the blanket I've been working on for AGES, finished up to 60%, then ripped back to get a better product.  Points for integrity, but probably not enough to compensate for the lateness.  Ah well, this is an awesome project and is coming out very, very well.  Look at those floats!  And those intarsia joins!  Of course, not amazing, but pretty gosh darn great if I do say so myself.


I am going to finish this off with an applied I-cord edging and cover the back with some gray fleece.  I think I will attempt to attach the fleece with the applied I-cord somehow.  I may do some other kind of edging, to make the fleece attachment easier, something like a crocheted edge or something, but I've been leaning toward a six stitch I-cord the whole time and still think that sounds pretty good.  Any ideas on how to attach the fleece?  I think I may baste the edges with long stitches, and pick up stitches through those with the I-cord to attach it.  Or something.  Holes in the fleece?  Something other than I-cord?  Since everything else about this blanket has been wrong from the get-go, I'll probably end up doing something other than I-cord, but not until I've at least tried the I-cord.  Hopefully before failing miserably and ruining the fleece such that I'll have to buy a whole new piece.  Do they even come in queen-sized blanket from fabric stores?  Will I have to sew smaller pieces together?



That's my big at-home, watching movies, winding down after dinner project.  Of course, I have some other projects going as well.  I've got Rhiannon on the needles for my traveling sock project, though when the first one is finished I'll probably switch to some Christmas presents like a scarf or pair of socks rather than jumping in to the next one.  Yes, another WIP going into UFO status, but I won't be wearing these anytime soon so I may as well get working on other things!  I'm down to 12, yes, 12! WIPs, so I don't feel too bad about letting another one languish.  Wait, isn't that how the insane numbers start?


I'm also using a cross stitch to break up the monotony of the huge blanket.  Still the ornaments.  Three 100% stitching complete, six needing backstitching and other details, three others started.  Once I finish those I'll pull out the Art of Disney Mickey and the Fireman (scroll down for project pictures) again, but I think I can finish the ornaments faster than that, so ornaments first!


All of the other projects that show up in the sidebar as in progress are really more in hibernation.  Nothing else is really at a state of more progress than it had been last time it was seen.  I am kind of getting itchy for a quick finish though.  Funny how when that happens I cast on about a bajillion things, thinking that this one MUST be faster than the last one I started thinking it would be quick.  I went through all of my sewing fabrics the other day, and the only thing that stayed my hand was that the winter and traveling bumped me up into a higher size than my easy patterns.  At least I've got some really long cycling vacations planned soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!