Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Quick Finish

I finally took the 1/2 towel that's been sitting in my stash since, oh, 2007?, and crocheted the top half to it so it can hang on the stove. This was a really quick project, especially since I can now crochet while reading, so was done while I was doing homework, for the most part. The flower I could not do on its own, and the decrease rows slowed my reading because I had to look down to be sure I was grabbing the right loop from the bottom row, but it was still done in a couple of hours and turned out quite nice if I do say so myself:



Pattern: Towel Topper with Holiday Variations (Ravelry)
Yarn: Lily Sugar 'n Cream and Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Sport
Hook: 3.75 mm/USF
 Timeframe: September 3, 2012
Mods: Only cast on 52 and used the ch3 as the 1st dc instead of working one in the same stitch for the handle. Also changed colors for the petals.
Problems: None, except for the worry of running out of yarn!

I used some leftover cotton yarn for the majority of it, and didn't quite have enough to finish. Luckily, it ran out at the perfect time and I used some pink to make the petals of the flower. I'm pretty happy with how well it all goes together, almost looks like I planned it that way! The only problem, I realize as I write, is that the flower is done in 100% wool and will probably felt when I wash the towel. Oh well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it - who knows, the felted petals may not be a problem, and if they are, I can just cut them off and re-do it with something else. Anyway, for the time being it's done and I'm quite pleased with the result!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!