Monday, November 5, 2012

Halloween FOs

Now that it's no longer seasonally appropriate, here's what I made that was Halloween-themed this year:

Pattern: Spider to Web Bookmark (Ravelry mine)
Yarn: New Hisuji-chan, Japanese yarn in white and some Wool of the Andes in Cloud when I ran out
Hook: USE/3.5 mm
Timeframe: October 1 - 30, 2012
Mods: None.
Problems: None, yet again.
The kitten liked it:

I also spun a bit in order to make a spiderweb. I thought an earlier skein would not be enough, so I spun more:

This seems to be the first handspun I've written up on my blog. I don't have a format for it! Let's see, important things:

Fiber: Undyed Correidale roving
Source: Copper Moose
Ply: 2
WPI: Ummm...didn't check. 16ish?
Final Amount: 22 yards, 11 grams and 14 yards, 7 grams
Problems: The first skein (on the right) was lovely, and I was surprised I got that out of my spindle. The second bit...not so much. It's not balanced (overspun, underplied?), it's tight whereas the first one has some loft, and I'm just not happy with it. Good thing it's going for a project where that doesn't matter!
Pattern: Spider Web Snowflake (Ravelry mine)
Yarn: Handspun, shown above
Hook: 3.25 mm/USD
 Timeframe: October 31, 2012
Problems: I don't love it, will need to re-block it in the future.

Pattern: Spider Web Scarf (Ravelry mine)
Yarn: Patons Bamboo Silk and a Coats Glow in the Dark Embroidery Thread
Hook: 4.0 mm/USG
 Timeframe: October 2 - 30, 2012
Problems: I'm not thrilled with how it turned out. It needs a brooch or something to keep it up - or maybe it needs to be made with acrylic that will keep its shape better. Something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!