Tuesday, March 4, 2014

2014: A Sock Odyssey

Same yarn. Different stitch count. I liked the way the colors popped up in the first (72 stitch) sock, but the pattern wasn't coming through. I liked the look of the second (77 stitch) sock with the 3Px4K rib, but not the spiral pooling. So I tried a stitch count closer to the first (70 stitches) and the pattern of the second (3Px4K) to try to get a sock I was happy with.

It worked!


Pattern: None (P3, K4 around, decrease 1 purl st at either side of the heel flap, Eye of Partridge heel, keep ribbing down the instep with 1 P between instep and sole on either side, regular toe) (mine)
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Solemate in Christmas at Downtown
Needles: US1.5/2.5mm
Timeframe: February 6 - March 2, 2014
Mods: None since I made it up as I went along
Problems: None with the final socks, but getting there took some time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!