Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Not a Fail!

Here's a finished pre-2015 biscornu! I made the same pattern before for a swap and really liked how it turned out. I changed some of the skull colors based on available threads, but it's otherwise the same.

I chose an Ink Circles design for the bottom and a Day of the Dead free pattern I found for the top, adding some flowers to fill out the stitchable area. I dyed the Aida cloth with tea so the white skulls would stand out against it. I followed a tutorial through Own Two Hands when putting the biscornu together.

It's a bit overstuffed, but that shouldn't be a problem for the recipient. It was just a problem for me when putting in those buttons to get the final shape. Trying to not bleed on the biscornu wasn't supposed to be a part of the finishing work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!