Saturday, July 4, 2015

Knitting with the Stones

I started a new project at the Rolling Stones concert, an Obsidian pullover. It's all garter stitch and starts with a cowl neck so is pretty good for knitting in the dark or while paying attention to other things.


There is an interesting technique used for making it garter stitch in the round, and I managed to shift the beginning of the round over one stitch while knitting in the dark. I considered ripping back or trying to drop down to fix it, but I'll probably wear the sweater as a cowl neck most of the time, completely obscuring the seam, and I'm not entering it in any contests so no one is going to scrutinize it too closely. Typically I can't stand errors in my work, but I'm going to let this one go as a reminder of the concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!