Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Crochet Bag Keeper

I saw this .gif on Reddit or something.


I thought it was excellent - we use reusable bags for most of the shopping, but have a pile of plastic bags because some stores give you a bag anyway, or you didn't bring enough bags, or they wrap your meat, or... They're useful and I don't want to just get rid of them. They fit nicely in our automatic litter box. They were however taking up a huge amount of cupboard space. Think of those infomercials where you open the door and everything falls out. Like that.

{Imagine a before picture here of lots of unruly plastic bags}

You try to organize them, put them inside of one bag, but they always seem to get away from you. Or me, at least. I also don't have any tissue boxes of the style needed for the amazing bag-packing shown in the .gif. I do, however, have a bit of acrylic yarn stash I'd like to use up, some crochet hooks, and the amazing pattern search function of Ravelry.


Pattern: Granny Panel Tissue Box Cover (Ravelry mine)
Yarn: Red Heart With Love in Mango, Caron One Pound in Leaf Green, Lion Brand Pound of Love in Pastel Blue
Hook: USH/5.0 mm
Timeframe: March 7, 2016
Mods: Added a bottom panel, did one fewer round of sc on the bottom due to running out of green yarn.
Problems: None!


Problem solved. As a bonus, I finished off the green and the orange, though I did make it a round shorter than the pattern called for and had to use some blue scraps to finish off the bottom panel. I added a bottom panel to make it a self-contained box, not just a cover for a nonexistent box. While I did cull a few bags that had holes in them, this little thing fits a lot more bags than you might expect, and they do come out as easily as shown above. I am stupidly happy with this organizational tool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!