Wednesday, June 15, 2016

And Yet, More Hand Coverings

Quite a bit more recently, I knit a pair of mittens for my mother. The colorwork seems a bit lost in person, but they are pretty impressive mittens if I do say so myself:


Yarn: The Loopy Ewe Solid Series in Black and Colinette Jitterbug in Mint Julep
Needles: US2/2.75mm and US2.5/3.0mm
Timeframe: May 26 - 31, 2016
Mods: Used a variegated yarn instead of bands of color.
Problems: It was originally a bit small, so I went up a couple needle sizes. The Jitterbug also had some black in the pattern which would have obscured the pattern, so on the palm I let it be and on the front (back of the hand?) I knotted off black segments and ran the loops under the floats to secure them.
 
 
They came out quite nicely, and should fit well. I had enough yarn for a matching pair of socks too!
 

Pattern: Jeck (Ravelry mine)
Yarn: The Loopy Ewe Solid Series in Black and Colinette Jitterbug in Mint Julep
Needles: US1.5/2.5mm
Timeframe: May 19 - 26, 2016
Mods: Contrast cuff, heel, and toe.
Problems: There was a knot in the yarn with an obvious change in dyelot. I was too far in to go back, so the socks are quite fraternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!