I fixed the Bramblewood, got a bit further, did the other armhole edging with US8 and that fits well. Now I need to rip out the first one and re-do it. I've also got to decide what size to do the neckline in, either the US8 or US6. I suppose I could split the difference with a US7...I may do that. I'm waiting until it's a bit further along, say, at the hip increases, and with the two armholes finished so I can try it on and decide how tight the neckline should be. I'm also lowering the decreases to 10" from the original 6". If I were to increase at six inches, I'd be increasing at my waist, and that's just not right. 10" should do me just fine, and the total length seems like it will be good too. Of course, I won't know until I'm there, but it's all looking great so far!
I'm working on the second of a pair of socks I can't show off yet as my walking about project, since my Millicents are finished. No pictures of those for awhile. Because yeah, with the amount of pictures I take on a regular basis, that'll be a hardship, right?
I'm about to switch off from the Bramblewood vest to Blaze, a sweater that was on hold in the US for the last couple of years that as of this weekend will be with me and there will be enough yarn to finish it up. The sleeves are joined, the underarm seams are seamed, all I've got left is a few inches of yoke and the neckline. It's so close and such a great orange color that I'm hoping to finish it up in the next week so it's ready for Halloween. It'll look adorable with my Millicents and a nice black skirt...Fingers crossed!
Of course, with my interchangeable needles, I'm using nearly all the cords again, and even have quite a few projects on thread or Addis instead of the Boye cords. That's what I want for my birthday, extra cords! Actually, I probably shouldn't get them, it's one of the ways I keep my knitting in check. Somewhat. I'll be switching the Bramblewood vest to the string currently holding Blaze, then back again. I've got at least ten hours of train riding this weekend, hopefully I can get it most of the way there, if not totally finished!
I'm over 20 projects again. However, that will change the minute I block stuff, as one project only needs a block, one project needs a block and a ribbon, one just needs ends woven in and a block, and another one should be finished tonight, and will then just need ends woven in and to be blocked. I have so much knitting I want to do! I'm in "finish yarn" mode, wanting to finish projects already on the go and make all the projects I have yarn for, starting with the bulkier yarns. Hence the Bramblewood vest and the kitchen towels. Next up will be a re-do of the Green Day Vest, hopefully one that will fit this time!
I've been spinning a bit too, and while it's not quite at the point where I want to take a picture of the yarn on the bobbin, I've about got one bobbin done in plain white Correidale, no real technique to speak of, a highly generic beginner's yarn, that will end up being a 3-ply and hopefully knit up fairly bulky. I want to knit the Wave Hello Cardigan (Ravelry only), a pattern to be released late November, I believe, with it. I think it's a good pattern with just enough interesting detail to look great with some bulky handspun .