Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Another One

Yay gold:


I'm very nearly done with the Penguin Scarf:


The original scarf is full of geekery, with Tux on one side and the word Linux on the other. I'm making it for my sister who likes penguins, since there were no other penguin patterns and I did not want to make my own. I decided to put a penguin on either end, mirrored. I marked where the first skeins ended, so I could use up the yarn as completely as possible, and that is working nicely. I also, in order to get the mirrored look, read the chart from one direction for one side and the other direction for the second penguin. Obviously the way to do it, right?


Wrong. I knit from the bottom up the first time, and instead of knitting two sides and grafting, I knit from the top down on the other side. If I'd've knit the chart in the same direction both times (i.e. left to right), that would have given me the desired mirrored penguins. Instead I've got two penguins facing the same way, and I just hope she's not as picky about things as I am because I am not going back to fix this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!