Saturday, May 11, 2013

May: Finish It!

This month I don't have any deadline knitting, so I'm planning to finish as many of the half- and mostly-finished projects I've got. The month started with 25 projects, 10 of which have been started in 2013. Thus far I've finished one project. I've got a lot of reading and a flight to Texas scheduled this month, so I should be able to get a bunch done.

As an incentive, because I know I will not be able to work solely on WIPs this month, I'm allowing myself to get yarn for and knit a t-shirt once I've gone through a mile of yarn. It should be fairly easy since I only count yarn as finished once I can weigh the final product to see how much was used. My starting numbers are 80,599.5 yards or 45.795 miles of yarn, as seen in the previous post. Thus far I've returned one unnecessary skein of yarn, finished a pair of socks, and finished the knitting on a hat, giving me 79,782.5 yards or 45.331 miles of yarn. .464 miles down, almost halfway there!

Truncated chart, showing one year of yarn usage and new! miles under the dates.

I would love to beat last years' June numbers for this June, but that is very unlikely to happen. It was the lowest yardage, the only time I was actually below 40 miles of total yarn. I would have to finish nearly 6 miles in two months, and while that is not actually impossible due to the number of WIPs I have and the way that I count, I just don't think that's going to happen.

Up next: Sock Pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!