Tuesday, February 16, 2016

India Socks

I took a bunch of knitting on my trip to India, including yarn for four pairs of socks. Two of those pairs already had at least one sock done and both of the others were mostly stockinette, so it wasn't too crazy or ambitious. It was the other yarn I also brought that made it a bit much!

I finished one pair of socks while in India, a lovely green pair of mystery socks that I really enjoyed working on:



Pattern: Jedi Mind Trick Socks (Ravelry mine)
Yarn: Knit One, Crochet Too Crock-O-Dye in 535
Needles: US1.5/2.5mm
Timeframe: November 29 - December 31, 2015
Mods: Taller heel flap for my large instep, kept the pattern crossing the foot (directions were a bit unclear), continued patterning into the toe decreases.
Problems: None!

I didn't touch the other sock-in-progress, but I did start one of the fresh skeins and finished one sock on the journey home. The other sock wasn't too far behind:


Pattern: Zigzagular Socks (Ravelry mine)
Yarn: Eden Cottage Yarns Fantasia in the 2010 Club color Peacock
Needles: US1.5/2.5mm
Timeframe: January 2 - 30, 2016
Mods: Taller heel flap for my large instep, continued patterning into the toe decreases.
Problems: None! I did have some problems earlier with a different yarn. I was worried I'd have the same problem with these, as it's the same dyer, but the different sock base made the pooling work out in a reasonable way this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!