Saturday, February 20, 2016

Replacement Winter Gear

I knit replacement hats and mittens for my niblings (niece and nephew) because the ones I originally knit didn't fit. These are a bit later than intended, but at least the mittens should last a couple of years!


Pattern: Frileuse (Ravelry mine)
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in Lavender Blue
Needles: US6/4.0mm
Timeframe: January 7 - 21, 2016
Mods: Added the cabled brim and a hole in the scarf to put the other end of the scarf through.
Problems: I'm not sure it's big enough and the scarf portion seems short.
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in Mint Blue
Needles: US7/4.5mm
Timeframe: January 17 - 30, 2016
Mods: Braided cords instead of I-cords.
Problems: None! Love the method for making the teeth!


 Pattern: Basic Children's Mittens (Ravelry mine 2)
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in Mint Blue and Lavender Blue
Needles: US7/4.5mm
Timeframe: January 31 - February 14, 2016
Mods: Added another round of K2tog on the thumbs.
Problems: None!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!