Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008 Recap

In 2008, I finished (according to Ravelry) 35 projects. This does not count my cross stitch ornaments or the three pairs of socks I didn't photograph. Therefore, I actually finished over 40 projects. That makes me feel a heck of a lot better about my enormous pile of WIPs/UFOs. I have fewer WIP/UFO projects than I completed in the past year. Awesome.

After looking back through blog entries, it seems as though there's 44 finished objects. 3 pairs of unphotographed Mix and Match Rib socks, one red, one blue, one pink, all with short cuffs like the red ones on my Ravelry page, the angel bear cross stitch ornament I had to put the backing on, and the five other cross stitch ornaments I finished in October, four of which only needed the gold hanging thread. Not bad, not bad at all.

This year, I think my New Year's Resolution will be to start another 101 in 1001 list, this time knowing where I'll be for the next 1001 days. There are so many things we want to do before we leave Japan that it would probably be a good idea to write them all down anyway, and add to those any other goals I have for the next couple years. I'll get started on that list, but it'll probably be a bit before it is finished.

I spent my New Year's Eve finishing up a few straggling projects. I had six that were within finishing range, Rogue, the Santa cross stitch, the baby blanket, and three baby bibs. I did not feel like setting in the sleeves on Rogue, so that will linger on into 2009. I washed and ironed the cross stitch, but the rest of the finishing was a bit more in-depth than I was willing to get into, requiring me to pull out and thread my sewing machine, so that one also didn't get finished. I did, however, weave in the ends on the three bibs and baby blanket, and I sewed buttons onto the bibs. Four projects that were completed in 2008, all right. Now for the other two small blankets I thought I might be able to finish this break (I'll be lucky if I get halfway through another one!) and the other three bibs that I may as well just finish off, since they take so little time to make. I do have a party on the 3rd to go to, so I might finish up Rogue to wear it there, or I might not. We'll see if I get motivated enough prior to the party with enough time to actually finish it, instead of something like 1 hour beforehand.


Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!