Friday, January 2, 2009

Holiday Baking, Part II

On the 9th day of Christmas, could still be 8th for you, I give to you...Cookies! I never showed off the anise cookies or showed how the gingersnaps were supposed to look. Without further ado, for your viewing pleasure (unless you've already closed the window), my cookies:

Anise Cookie Dough Anise Cookies Fresh Anise Cookies

These are the anise cookies. I had no cookie cutters, so instead of rolling out the dough and making cute little star shaped cookies, I rolled it into a log and sliced them from there. After they came out of the oven, nice and slightly brown, they were tossed in a cinnamon sugar mixture for a sweet coating, then left to cool on the rack. Not stellar, but good cookies.

Dough Gingersnaps Raw Gingersnaps

The gingersnaps were much better when made correctly. The dough was rolled into 3/4 - 1" balls and then rolled in sugar. After baking, they were put onto the cooling rack and then into the bowl for transport. Everyone loved these cookies, including Lee. They are now official Christmas Cookies and will be made every year, if not more often. The only problem is that you can't find molasses here, and it's a key ingredient. We shall have to keep that in mind for next year.

I hope your holiday season was enjoyable, I know ours was!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!