Saturday, September 11, 2010

Continuing the Trend

I was going to wear my hip scarf, which I love and have worn probably too often, but one of the beads popped off when I went to tie it. Oh no! I thought, I don't want it to unravel, must add this one to the pile o' stuff to fix!


However, when I went to fix it, I found that not only had that one bead popped off, but an additional five had popped of when I wasn't looking. Apparently, these beads don't stay on very easily! However, the merino used seems to be holding together quite well (and pilling a bit too) so I'm not that worried about it. I may put some Fray-Check or something on it, just in case, but I'm sure the other beads have been missing for quite some time and I'm just noticing it now.


I think this would be better in a non-animal fur version, so it looks crisp longer (no pilling!), and one of my friends is about to make one in some luscious cotton laceweight from Avril, the Japanese home of Habu. I may have to get me some of that next time I'm in Tokyo for one of my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!