Tuesday, January 11, 2011

DOGS!

I've gotten and used the books AmiAmi Dogs and AmiAmi Dogs 2.  These are all fairly old projects, all crochet, but haven't made their blog debut until now!  Mostly because I just haven't thought to show them off.  On to the dogs!


Pattern: Dalmatian from AmiAmi Dogs 2 (Rav)
Yarn: A Japanese DK-ish wool, Wister LaLa Baby.
Hook: USE/3.5mm
Timeframe: September 21 - October 12, 2009 - man this one's been around for awhile!
Mods: More needle felting instead of buying eyes and a nose.
Problems: None, except that I still don't particularly like seaming up amigurumi.
 

All of these are from the AmiAmi Dogs 2, with some modifications to make them personalized.  Any details, like the spots on the Dalmatians and the noses and eyes on all of them, were made using needle felting.  I bought a small bag of black fiber from a local store and had some white in my stash.  They're not all well done, but I do think the Dalmatian came out great, with an excellent expression.

 
Pattern: Magnet from AmiAmi Dogs 2 (Rav)
Yarn: Wister Jolly Time II in various colors.
Hook: USE/3.5mm
Timeframe: January 7 - June 11, 2010 - I really, really hate seaming little things!
Mods: More needle felting instead of buying eyes and a nose, made up the Terrier, Dalmatian, and Snoopy from other patterns in the book.
Problems: None, except that I still don't particularly like seaming up amigurumi.




These guys are all magnets.  My family owns two poodles, a gray and a black, so I made a poodle for each of my four sisters.  I also made each one a dog I think they'd like, for one reason or another.  One sister always wanted a Jack Russel Terrier named Brussels Sprouts, so I made her a magnet.  Another one loves Snoopy, and I tried to make a Beagle to look like Snoopy.  I thought the Pug and Dalmatian were cute, so made a couple of those for the other two who didn't necessarily have a specific dog they loved.  They'd both mentioned they liked those breeds before, so I wasn't too far off base.


More close-ups:


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!