Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Paper Boxes

These were all kits from our local dollar store (really 105 yen store [so really really,about $1.26 store]).  Apparently, the trick is to start it, get frustrated, put it down for awhile, then pick it back up again and it's easy to finish.  This is the second basket where that has worked for me - twice, I've gotten so frustrated that I've put away the beginnings of the basket, but they've come together easily when picking them back up again.


My New Year's Eve finish, a heart-shaped basket that I've no idea what I'm going to do with as of now.  Probably save it as a Valentine's Day decoration/candy dish.


And the little blue box with lid.  It holds an assortment of chotchkies and other items without a home in my closet.  I like this one - the lid is nice.  I have one more kit stashed away, another of the lidded boxes but in green and off-white.  There is one more style that the store had; I think I'll pick up one of those next time I'm there so I have the directions for all the types of boxes; they really are cute little gift baskets and don't take much time, once you get going.  I'm not sure I'd be able to get the materials outside of Japan though...ah well, the instructions don't take up much space!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!