Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bigger Illusions

I covered the orange with a nice translucent darker color:


Lancome's Vernis Absolu in Mica. Gives it more of a burnt orange cast, and I like it a lot better than the plain orange.

I finished a few projects on my business trip, and this one was finished almost entirely on the plane ride there:



Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Coal and Lake Ice Heather
Needles: US6/4.0mm
Timeframe: June 19 - 30, 2011
Mods: None really, 2-color cast on/bind off and slipped the side stitches rather than giving it a garter edging.
Problems: None, unless you count buying double the required yarn, and I kind of do.
 
It doesn't look as good close-up as it does from a bit further out. It also looks better if you tilt your head to the right in these pictures. It's the moon rising over some trees; the broken black line on the left is the trees. I'm still trying to decide how to package it for gifting. Probably a dowel on the top and a dowel on the bottom for hanging and weighting it, along with a copy of the original picture. Note to self - do that and photograph it before sending it.


And the back, because I like looking at the backs of interesting projects:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!