Sunday, October 30, 2011

Mymymymyy Corona

That song gets stuck in my head every single time I thought about or picked up this project. I used just under four skeins of Cascade 220, making it just barely count for the Loopy Ewe project. To count, it needed to be 800 yards or more, and I made it. I think that it would have looked better in a larger size for the body up through the "v", but I love how the arms fit, the collar works very well, and I absolutely adore the sleeves and everything about it from the "v" up. I don't always like how raglan sleeves look and fit, but these are absolutely perfect and I think I will use this as a raglan example in the future. Love it!

I'm not in love with either the color or the feel of the yarn, but I'm not all that upset either. It will be a good sweater for fall and unless I finish another sweater soon, people may get sick of seeing me in it!


Pattern: My Corona (Ravelry
Yarn: Cascade 220 in 7178 Blue Velvet
Needles: US8/5.0mm
Timeframe: August 16 - 31, 2011
Mods: Lengthened the sleeves, raised the collar, changed the hood into a complete collar, made the increases/decreases matching, more details here.
Problems: Nothing really, just wish I'd've knit the lower body a bit larger than I did. Though if I had and kept the larger size through the top, I wouldn't be as happy with the collar and shoulders, so I can't complain too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!