Sunday, October 23, 2011

Oops

I'm knitting potholders. I knit one for a housewarming party, another for a different friend, and I'm planning to knit a total of five for Christmas gifts. To make these, you make two centers, in my case, each in a different color, and instead of breaking the yarn for the back one, use it to connect the two sides along the edges, in along the "petals", and around the center. This only works if you have the same number of petals for both pieces:


If the back side has 13 petals and the front side has the correct 14 petals, you are screwed. Even more so if you don't realize this fact until you get down to the last petal or two. As the Yarn Harlot says, more experienced knitters don't make fewer mistakes, they just make larger mistakes faster. I've done eight of these, stopped counting petals after the first one or two, and obviously, that was a mistake.

Now this potholder will be going into time out while I make the yellow pieces for another two potholders, and then I'll come back to fix it. Grumblegrumblegrumble. I was hoping to have all of Lee's family's Christmas knitting done by his birthday on Friday, but with this potholder setback, that may or may not happen. Grrrrr, stupid potholder and stupid crocheter for not counting the stupid number of petals on the stupid blue one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!