Sunday, August 19, 2012

Cat Toys

I keep a couple of bags of odds and ends. I don't save all the bits and bobs of yarn, like some people do, but I'll keep anything that's longer than a foot. Most of them are in my Ravelry stash pages, but there are some bits that never made it for one reason or another, whether they were always in the scrap bag or given to me by friends or what-have-you. I used a bunch of scraps from a friend's Jayne hat to crochet and felt a school of fish:


Pattern: Fish Cat Toy (Ravelry)
Yarn: Scraps
Hook: 6.0mm/USJ
Timeframe: July 15 - 28, 2012
Mods: Larger hook, felted the fish
Problems: Didn't felt as much as I'd like, but they work!

I also knitted and felted a bunch of mice in various worsted weight yarns held double with some Fun Fur I had in the pile:

These are adorable, fuzzy little mice with knitted-on tails so they're secure for the cats. Good size too, nice and hefty.

 
Yarn: Patons Classic and other wool scraps, Lion Brand Fun Fur
Needles: US8/5.0mm
Timeframe: June 19 - July 28, 2012, though most of that time was spent waiting for me to felt and then stuff them.
Mods: None.
Problems: None really, though the instructions should read "work until square" or something along those lines rather than saying gauge doesn't matter and giving a number of rows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!