Thursday, August 23, 2012

August WIPs

I said I'd keep August as a month for WIPs only, and not start anything new until September. Well, over 2/3 of the way through August and I still haven't cast on anything new! I have bought some yarn, going whenever I have a coupon for Michael's or Jo-Ann's to slowly get the yarn I need for slippers and Christmas/etc. presents. I do have some yarn already on hand that will go to those things, but of course, not enough stash of the specific kinds I need to do what I want to do. You'd think I'd have all kinds of yarn for all kinds of purposes, but while I have managed to get yarn for a baby blanket and accessories from what I've got, I still don't have the right types/amounts/colors of yarn for other things. Sigh.

When the cats were not doing this:


I managed to finish the tunnel. They both love it, which is good because it took three (three!) skeins of Caron One Pound to finish, and quite a bit of time. Crocheting triple stranded cheap acrylic around something that grew to nearly 3' long is really not that fast or easy! However, it is done, and now they can attack each other and their mice and fish in it all day long, while I can work on other WIPs.

  
Pattern: Muffin's Cat Tunnel (Ravelry)
Yarn: Caron's One Pound in Ocean
Hook: 6.5mm/USK
Timeframe: July 15 - August 19, 2012
Mods: Cast on fewer stitches, added another repeat to use all four rings
Problems: None!

There's no hope of finishing ALL the unfinished projects I've got lying around, but I'm trying to at least finish all the ones I've started this calendar year. I just need to do a 3" seam on 8 box bags by hand and wash/finish some handspun to meet that goal. I should probably go do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!