Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Adorable FO

My husband picked out a hat for his friend's forthcoming baby:

 
Pattern: Viking Hat (mine)
Yarn: Nikke Victor Yarn Shetland 9, Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Lake Ice Heather, and Patons Classic Wool in Dark Grey Mix and Aran
Hook: 4.0mm/USG, 5.0mm/USH
 Timeframe: December 28 - 30, 2013
Mods: None!
Problems: I don't think the pieces are sewn on as straight as can be, but it's pretty good.

 Is that a beard underneath it, you might ask? Why yes, yes it is. A detachable beard.


Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in Sunshine and Nikke Victor Yarn Shetland 9 for the braid ties
Hook: 5.00mm/USH
 Timeframe: February 5 - 15, 2014
Mods: Much smaller than the original, the general modifications I made can be seen on the Ravelry project page.
Problems: The beard isn't perfect, but I wanted to get it in the mail before the post office closed so didn't take the time to steam it straight and trim the ends a bit more.

I can't wait to see it on the little guy!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!