Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Space!

We love science. We love space. Jo-Ann's had some sciency-spacey fabrics. I could not resist! There's a braided fleece blanket with a spaceship on it:

 

Fabric: No-Sew Fleece Blanket kits from Jo-Ann's
Timeframe: November 29, 2015.
Mods: Didn't measure it out perfectly, but I think it's fine!
Problems: The cutting is a bit tedious and I was kind of annoyed that there wasn't a good border for braiding/tying around the star border on the main panel. Also the panel size didn't line up with the backing size, so there was a lot of waste to cut off of the blue backing panel.


Then there's the pajama pants. I bought two fabrics for two pairs for my husband, to replace his old worn out pair. He only wanted the NASA fabric. I made a pair for me using the Avengers fabric.

 
Pattern: Box Bag Tutorial
Fabric: Avengers and NASA licensed fabrics from Jo-Ann's
Timeframe: Roughly 4.5 hours total
Mods: The waistband is folded down further than the pattern requests on the first two pairs, on the third I just cut the top smaller and have very small hems for the cuffs.
Problems: None for the first two, but for the third, I cut the fabric to roughly the length required of the pattern before washing. It shrank almost 3". Luckily, this pattern has a higher-than-desired waistband and generous cuffs.

 

Then a friend saw the NASA pants and required a pair of his own.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!