Saturday, October 10, 2009

Bonehead: Part II

Last time, I had issues with the correctly sized needle.  This project just seems to be bad luck or something.  At this point, it's finished except for weaving in the end and blocking, but it took me multiple tries with the correct size needle before I could get passed the setup!

Attempt number two:

For this attempt, I thought I miscounted the cast-on, and then managed to pull about twenty stitches off of the needles while knitting the first row.  Everything got pulled out and re-started.

Attempt number three:

Counted, re-counted, and counted the number of cast-on stitches again.  Third try is a charm right?  Not so much.  Apparently, I managed to cast on too tightly, so broke the yarn.  Third time being knit and frogged, it was weaker, but I was still quite upset.

Attempt number four:

Finally, success!  Well, mostly - I had to finangle the first row a bit and find out where the missing couple of stitches were, but in the end I had the correct number of stitches on either side and a working mobius.

Now, because I am a lazy bum when it comes to uploading pictures and posting, I have that one plus a second cowl finished except for the blocking.  Two more to go for Christmas presents, some box bags, a pair of gloves and a pair of socks, and then something for my sisters.  What exactly, I don't know, but something!  And of course, two lovely little test knits I've signed up for - I gotta stop doing that!

1 comment:

  1. It's good to know that someone as outstandingly brilliant as you still hasn't quite learned how to count. ;)


Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!