Saturday, May 1, 2010

Blanket Update: April

132 bobbles. 11 repeats of a 48-row, 112-stitch pattern. Over 10 50-gram skeins of cashmere blend. The first panel is complete, and blocking. The second panel (of five) has been started. This thing will be huge, but at least the most time consuming (and only bobble-filled) panel is complete. Onward, so that I can have some cute summer things for me done before I head home.

372,096 stitches. Nearly 14 skeins of 50 gram yarn. 1/3 of the way finished. Unless I decide to rip out 2/3 of the first and/or second colorwork square(s), which I may. The colorwork is gorgeous if I concentrate, but I didn't concentrate hard enough for enough of the time, so it's not quite blocking out to size. For the next block, I switched to US10.5 for the colorwork rows, which was a bit loose, yet still tight across the larger blocks of color.

The squares get so large and scrunched up on the needles towards the end that it's difficult to keep them spread out. Scrunched stitches means the floats aren't loose enough to block the square out correctly. I haven't ripped it out yet, but I'm pretty positive I will. I just have to get a bit further along before I can feel okay with the backtrack. Taking out 2/9 or 4/9 of the work thus far is just too painful to contemplate. Maybe once I have another square or two finished. Two squares plus one and a half cable panels per month puts me right on track to finish. Luckily, I have a few weeks off before we leave Japan so I can sprint to the finish line if need be (and I will likely need that time for something). I'm just going to continue chugging along; hopefully the next couple panels will be quicker than the bobbles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!