Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Blanket!

I realized the other day when updating The Score (after finishing my Brandywine Shawl) that I have not yet finished a project started before 2013 this year. There were only 3 projects from 2012 lingering on, and another 12 from earlier years that are still unfinished. Out of the 35 finished projects so far this year, they've all been started this year as well.


Luckily, when I picked up the Broomstick Lace Afghan I found that it was much closer to complete than I realized, and I had quite some time in cars and hanging out where I was able to finish it. It's the oldest yarn-based project I had, started back in 2007. All three of my non-Steotch-Along cross stitch projects are older, but I don't have any older knit or crochet projects.


Yarn: Caron One Pound, over two skeins!
Needle: US50/25mm
Hook: US/4.0mm
Timeframe: Summer/Fall 2007 - June 29, 2013
Mods: None!
Problems: None!

As I was taking these pictures, my little black cat decided to hide under the blanket-covered chair; she loves blanket forts:


Of course, she couldn't just enjoy the blanket on the chair, she had to help me out further by darting forward to get some action shots. Of the blanket.


I'm not sure blankets need action shots.


Apparently she and the other cat disagree. Now that my cream colored blanket is (again) covered in much darker cat hairs, I believe it is time to put it somewhere they can't get to it.


If you were wondering about the purple claws in Picture #3, we currently have Soft Claws on our cats. We're re-finishing the floors and wanted to see how they reacted to them, in case they end up scratching the floors. They adjusted to them very quickly, and really the most annoying thing is that they seem to shed claws much more quickly than the packaging would lead us to believe. That's why I didn't stop them when they were doing this:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!