Thursday, January 9, 2014

Baby Sweaters

For my niece and nephew, I made sweaters for Christmas. Both sweaters were rather quick knits but hung around for awhile waiting for last-minute buttons before being wrapped on Christmas Eve.


Pattern: Sunnyside (Ravelry mine)
Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll Tonal in Blue Yonder, just under one skein
Needles: US4/3.5mm
Timeframe: September 8 - December 24, 2013
Mods: Mirrored the lace pattern across the body instead of using the same one for all sections.
Problems: None!

This one is just adorable!  I love how it turned out and hope it fits the baby for longer than a week! I'm also happy that it took less than one skein - I bought two, now I get socks! I love the feel of the fabric for the sweater, so I'm considering getting more to make myself a pullover.


Pattern: Magnus (mine)
Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Superwash in Grass, 3.26 skeins
Needles: US4/3.5mm and US7/4.5mm
Timeframe: September 19 - December 24, 2013
Mods: Added a stitch to make the seed stitch seamless and accidentally mis-marked the top so the buttons are technically on the wrong side.
Problems: This is supposed to be a 4-year-old size, knit for a 3-year-old. I'm not sure it will actually fit him at all, it is way small! It's also a bit scratchier than I'd've liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!