Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Mickey and the Fireman

Finally, it is professionally framed and 100% finished:


Kit: Stoney Creek's Art of Disney Mickey and the Fireman
Timeframe: 2005-ish 'til 2013
Problems: There's a couple of small stains in the fabric from working on it for so long and accidentally putting it away in the hoop.

I've been working on this one for a long, long time, at least since 2005. I am very happy with how it came out and glad it's finally done! The eye-searing yellow is glow-in-the-dark thread, and not nearly as eye-searing in person.

This is where a picture of the back would go, if I had remembered to take one. I cannot believe I forgot that part. It's pretty awesome, you'll just have to take my word for it.

To make up for that, here is a picture of the framed Cinderella Castle cross stitch I finished a couple of years ago but never posted:



Kit: Stoney Creek's Art of Disney Cinderella Castle
Timeframe: 1998-ish 'til 2009
Problems: It's currently in a not-so-good frame and will need to be re-framed better in the future.

I've been having problems getting a good picture of it. Either it's too dark or blurry or things reflect or... So I'm going with this one. It's dark and doesn't show the details too well, but the silver/sparkly threads are showing up pretty well.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!