Sunday, July 23, 2017

Tour de Fleece: Day 21

Today's the last day! I plied and began washing the yarns.


I did not ply everything as I wanted to be sure the yaks had time to rest, and I have no idea what I'm going to do with the steel. Ply? Leave it be? Let it sit on the bobbin until I have better skills and take another look?


When it's all dry and done, I'll figure out all of the yarn specs that might help with figuring out what I want to do with it.


I'm thinking of making woven mug rugs with the handspun samples and a pair of ankle socks with the full skein. It's around 200 yards, so not enough for a full pair of socks but still enough. I did spin it with an opposing ply specifically for socks, so socks it will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!