Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Tour de Sock 2017: Stage 1


While the Steotchalong and Tour de Fleece (and Stash Dash) were going on, the Tour de Sock started as well! The second sock comes out today and I managed to finish in the 120th position on the first one thanks in part to a vacation where I carefully planned the driving split to give me knitting time once the pattern was released.


I never got good pictures of the finished sock for the competition, and then I modified them for daily wear. I would not have worn them with the fins on top, the fins just didn't stay up or add anything to the sock when worn, in my opinion. Otherwise, I absolutely love this yarn and the marriage of yarn and pattern. I can only hope to get one or two more such perfect pairings over the next five pairs of competition socks!


Pattern: Fins (Ravelry mine)
Yarn: Cauldron's Path Yarns in Inspired Feather
Needles: US1.5/2.5mm
Timeframe: July 15 - 17 for competition, finished mods on July 21, 2017
Mods: Added extra plain rows to deepen the heel, extra ribbing and elongated BO instead of fins.
Problems: None with the pattern, but my counting was off once or twice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!