Tuesday, February 1, 2011

FO: Bramblewood Vest

Wooohooo, after years of having the yarn, knowing which patterns I want to knit, and being cold at work, I finally have the first of a week's worth of work vests done.  I'm not in love with this one - I think the next size up until after the bust would have worked better for me, and maybe a bit longer, but it works well enough for me to wear it and be warmer!



Pattern: Bramblewood Vest (Ravelry)
Yarn: Recycled marled wool of some sort.  Spit splices well!
Needles: US8/5.0mm for the body, US10/6.0mm for the I-cord
Timeframe: October 3 - November 14, 201
Mods: Some.  I started the front cables at the same row in the chart the back cables were at and lowered the hip shaping to 10" from neckline.
Problems: Only that the top is too snug.  I should have knit a bigger size through the bust.  I would recommend binding off the top of the armhole very loosely, mine is a bit tight.

I was hoping to finish off the available yarn, the marled wool I'd recycled from a GoodWill sweater a few years ago, but I still have a bit of that left.  Much less than I did, but more than I want leftover, especially since my major gripe of this sweater is that it's a bit small around the bustline.  Ah well, not a big enough gripe to rip allllll the way back and re-knit, or re-knit and graft for this top-down vest.  I would have liked it a bit longer as well, but not a whole repeat longer, and I didn't want only half a repeat, so left it at the length it's at.

Ignore the rumpled shirt - I checked the front before photographing, didn't think to check the back!

Transforming yarn from stash to wardrobe is always a plus, especially when it's bulkier yarn like this worsted weight wool.  I still have a LOT more stash than I should now, but this is a step in the right direction!  Pay no attention to that Loopy Ewe package over there...or the Knit Picks order I'll be picking up in March...yarnflow is supposed to be in the out-of-stash direction.....of course there's no influx....of course....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!