Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Rhiannon WIP

So.  I'm working on the gorgeous Rhiannon socks.  I'm pleased with my progress; getting them done by March 9 (finishing on the plane ride) seems to be perfectly reasonable.  I'm done with the cuff of the first one, have the pattern for the leg all set up and am nearly two inches into it.  Except.  The yarn...there seems to be roughly one average sock (6" leg) left in the first skein.  I am only 2" below my knee for a top-down sock.  Something is not right.

Check Ravelry - yeah, the maximum yarn called for is only about 50 yards more than I have, and I'm knitting the middle calf size, so it should not be a problem!  I have checked this before to make sure my two skeins, originally for German Stockings, would be enough.  I checked some specific projects using Cascade Heritage, the same yarn I'm using.

They all used a third skein.

Crap.

Here's an idea - check the PATTERN.  Oh crap.  Minimum yarn is about 50 yards more than I have, and I am definitely not knitting the smallest possible sizes!

Thankfully, I've got another skein coming in, and I can start the second and stripe the legs with the new skein for both socks if the dyelot is off.  Still hoping to wear these in March, but we'll see when the yarn gets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!