Sunday, February 13, 2011

Lady Scarlet

I've had these gloves on the needles since November of 2009.  That's awhile.  This year, I am trying to get down to no yarn WIPs.  No way I'll finish the cross stitches I've got going on, but reasonable to attempt to finish all WIPs and Christmas presents in 2011.  This one was for LSG11ty as well, as that's how I'm holding myself accountable for my WIPs.  I'm going to rotate between new (12in2011) and old (LSG11ty) projects as a traveling project, and my first finished traveling project was gloves, so my hands can be warm in this very snowy winter:

 
Pattern: Lady Sunshine (Ravely only)
Yarn: Cascade Heritage in Red, 60% of a skein
Needles: US1.5/2.5mm
Timeframe: November 28, 2009 - January 31, 2011
Mods: None
Problems: My flat knitting gauge is ever-so-slightly tighter than it should be, and I was an idiot and slipped the first stitch on every row for the second glove, so picking up the stitches isn't as nice as it should be.  Finally finished though!


Somewhat blurry pictures, but really nice gloves and I'm really happy to finally have a nice pair of handknit gloves in rotation!  I've also got enough yarn left that adding it to the second skein, I should be able to make a pair of German Stockings, sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!