Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Daily Polish

No, not kielbasa and pierogis. In an attempt to blog more often, I bring you...The Daily Polish!


Today's color is a clear base coat followed by Cover Girl's Hue Thrill Me. I'm trying to use as much of my consumables before leaving Japan as possible. I brought all of the makeup and toiletries I had when I got here, and may need to actually purchase a lotion or soap/body wash as I'm getting really close to zero. Same with lipstuff. Nailpolishes, on the other hand, are not disappearing so quickly, even though I've been trying to paint my fingers and toes often to use up polish, stop biting them, and be pretty. The bottles just last so long and don't go bad, they take forever to finish!

In addition to a stunning picture of my (hopefully non-smudged) fingernails, I plan to post a second picture of...something!  Could be a current WIP, could be breakfast, could be my flowers, could be something completely different. Today's secondary picture:


This is my current carry-along project. I started this Illusion Snowflake Scarf (Ravelry) on the 14th, and hope to have it finished by the end of the month. Given the current pace and the fact that it's a week 'til the end, should be do-able. I only work on it walking to and from work, do a few rows at lunch, and knit some more if I'm reading e-mail or papers. Home is the huge blanket only. The scarf is about 1/4 of the way done so far. Really easy pattern, love the yarn, wish I could have found a lighter blue as the lightest instead of going all the way to navy blue, but it works.

Looks like this is the second month in a row where my yarn count is going in the correct direction!

1 comment:

  1. I also need to get back into wearing nail polish. I always feel so pretty and put together when I do so. Plus, that whole keeps me from biting my nails thing.

    (Also, glad you're going to blog more. I love reading what you're up to!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!