Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Conference

It was nice. We had more hands-on workshops than anticipated, and Aham's Scarf was easier than I thought, so I worked on that instead of getting all those socks done. I played with Legos:


And attended a LOT of talks that looked like this:


Also, I accidentally went to Sweden while trying to see Hamlet's Castle. On this train line, one direction is Helsingor, and the other one is Helsinborg, but we didn't realize that at the time. We were going over a lot of water and got somewhat concerned that we were not in fact going where we thought we were going, and it turns out, we were on our way to Sweden. Apparently this happens fairly often.

After getting back to the correct country, we saw Hamlet's Castle and had a good time.


I never did end up using the nail polish I brought. I got back yesterday and slept for 14 hours - apparently I needed it!

I finished only one of the four books I brought, and an e-book, as well as a pair of socks, a single sock from another pair, and I would have finished Aham's Scarf but I managed to drop the bag it was in. That bag also contained a glass bottle of chocolate milk, and a paper bag of candies for my travels. It was a very sad experience! I managed to get all the glass out of the yarn (I hope) and I rinsed out all the yarn and the scarf, but it remained wet for most of the rest of the trip. I'll probably finish it today or tomorrow though, because it is just about finished.

All in all, a good conference, a nice break from the daily grind, but now I have to unpack and get back to it. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!