Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Weekend Blues and Blanket Progress

I didn't polish my nails on Friday, since I was still loving the old color. However, it started chipping and I peeled it all off by the time I got home (and started biting the nails), so I colored my nails blue this weekend:


Avon's Color Trends Best Friend. Lee says this one is very ice queen. I'm not a major fan of this one, but it is fun.

I've also knit up to 63% of the huge blanket I'm trying to finish by mid-July, and did a quick wet block to see what size backing fleece I need to buy. Not quite the dimensions I was going for, but growing awesomely and I think, though I'm not yet 100% sure, that I'll be getting it done on time:


It's big. Nearly 70" wide, will be roughly 90" tall, so I may try to block it more square or I may just let it be the way it wants to be. It is technically supposed to be square, roughly 80" square, but the colorwork is pulling the width in a bit. Not a big deal, not at all!  I'll just be happy to see it done, though sad that it's going elsewhere. I just need to get some backing fleece and decide what to do for the border I want, and it'll be good to go. Soon, very soon!


And the back, because I love looking at the back of colorwork knits and cross stitches. Really cool, but should be covered by a softer piece of something to hide the millions of ends I've cleverly knit in as I went. I think it would drive me insane and take nearly as long as the knitting if I had to weave in all the ends when I finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!