Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 1: The 33 Hour Day

11.5 hours of flight and we arrive in less than 5 hours, local times. Friday night we went from Kanazawa to stay in Tokyo, because the school doesn't want any delays causing us to miss our 11:40 AM international flight. I would have rather had the night at home and gotten up early to get to Tokyo, but if they want to reimburse me for another day, who am I to complain? My Tokyo hotel room:

That bed is a LOT less comfortable than it looks.

In the last-minute rush that always happens, I forgot my bus card (no big deal, cash also works!) and brought the black Thujas, that I was going to put onto waste yarn and leave, but never did. I had less time than anticipated to work on them, so I was just into the gusset, and the foot needs to be 11" long. As of Saturday morning, it is 9" long, so I'll be doing the toe, then switching over to the necklace, and probably finishing the knitting on both before leaving the ground. For this flight, I'll be working on the Moonrise Illusion. There's six skeins of yarn available for this one, but I have no idea how many I'll use. It's simple knit and purl, knit all the RS rows, knit/purl on the WS, so will be fast and easy, but probably not fast and easy enough to finish on the plane. We'll see. I have 10 total projects for this trip, more than one per day, though one was a stowaway and I'm not planning to spend any time on the cross stitch. That is a rather lot of craft supplies, even if they are mostly one or two skein projects.

And I still packed the lightest out of the group I'm traveling with. Go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!