Saturday, December 17, 2011

Large Illusion #2

I love this piece. I finished it very, very quickly for the size and amount of yarn. Apparently October was a good month for knitting. November and December, not so much.


Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Cloud and Fedora, 4 skeins of each
Needles: US6/4.0mm
Timeframe: October 4 - 31, 2011
Mods: None really, 2-color cast on/bind off and slipped the side stitches rather than giving it a garter edging.
Problems: None, though it turned out so large (28.5" x 33.25") I kind of wish I'd knit it from a sport weight yarn instead.



I'm also really happy with this one because I used it for Transfiguration homework for the Harry Potter House Cup. That's a group of people on Ravelry, sorted into the four houses of Hogwarts, who complete homework for classes to earn house points, where the classes are project categories or prompts and the homework, or projects, have to be started and completed in the same month. You have to complete at least one homework in any class every month of the three month term in order to remain in good standing, and every homework you complete gets you house points. There are other activities to play along with as well, but one homework project per month that matches a prompt in some way is the bare minimum. Anyway, I was playing as a not quite first year for the Fall 2011 term, and this project matched the prompt of knitting something representing your animagus form. Not only did I take it from start to finish in October, this project was also nominated for a prize. Didn't win, but to be nominated my first time playing along was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!