Thursday, January 19, 2012

First 2012 Project!

First project I took from start to finish in 2012, a coffee cup cozy for my sister, also for the Potions homework in the Harry Potter House Cup, a Ravelry game I'm playing. The assignment was to make something quick out of materials you have on hand, so a quick cup cozy from stash was just the ticket!


Yarn: Patons Classic Wool
Needles: US8/5.0mm
Timeframe:January 7 - 8, 2012
Mods: None, mostly because this pattern is more of a recipe than a pattern. I followed the design, and then knit in pattern until it was just over 9".
Problems: None, except that it didn't say how long to make it, and I wasn't really sure how wide coffee cups are. I researched and couldn't find any reasonable answers, so this should be good enough! We tested it on this to-go mug and then later a Starbucks cup, which I believe are wider in the US, so it should fit around whatever size cup there is; it stretches a good amount and isn't too big either. Hope she gets to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!