Sunday, January 15, 2012

Found My Mojo!

I had minimal interest in things like knitting for most of November and December. Typically, I have something around all the time so if I'm walking, sitting at the lunch table conversing after I've finished my meal, reading papers, waiting in line, or any number of things that allow for my hands to be moving, I'm knitting. The last two months, not so much. I still got some stuff done, but not nearly as much as I should have, and nothing compared to October.

This month, however, I'm going strong. Whether it's the fact that I'm participating in the Harry Potter House Cup on Ravelry, the fact that we're in the final stretch of Japan and PhD applications are in, the fact that we're moving soon so the stash must be smaller, or the fact that I'm knitting selfishly until a few projects are done, I'm not sure. Probably a combination. Either way, I've finished a few things already this month, have plans for more, and have a very good start on a vest for me for work:


That's about 7" of the 12" of ribbing for the Rib and Fair Isle Vest I'm working on. It has ribbing up to the under bust and then colorwork on top, a nice cute little vest that works with stash yarn and seems to be working up quickly - maybe I can even wear it while there's snow on the ground!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!