Friday, May 23, 2014

Another April Finish

The Dragonstone shawl caught my eye on Ravelry (their ads do work sometimes!) and the creator was doing a KAL for it. I dug up what I think is the oldest yarn I ever purchased along with an interesting skein of also not-machine-washable yarn that paired decently well and dug right in.


I don't love it, but I do like it a lot. A deeper grey for more contrast and/or possibly a different main skein would have been better. I wanted to work with what I had and I'm very pleased to have used up some direction-less yarn from the depths of the stash. I was considering trying to overdye it, but after wearing it, I decided I like it better as-is than I probably would by playing with it. I'm also happy that I had less than a yard of the grey left at the end.


Pattern: Dragonstone (mine)
Yarn: Knit Pick Palette in Ash, Eden Cottage Yarns Harebell Sock in December '09 Sock Club (Christmas)
Needles: US6/4.0mm
Timeframe: April 3 - 20, 2014
Mods: Knit to 71 sts between markers to use up yarn, changed the pattern at the corners, added a repeat to the ruffle to use up yarn.
Problems: None!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!