Sunday, May 11, 2014

Going Up

The spinning is just what the doctor ordered! Actually, the doctor would probably order me to stop doing anything that isn't necessary. I consider crafting to be completely necessary, for my mental health at least! Anyway, yes, spinning is good. I've finished the singles for the Mountain Magic and will let them rest for a day or two before plying. In the meantime, I've got enough bobbins to start in on my oldest roving, nearly 8 oz. of grey wool with some shiny rainbow fibers blended in:



All this spinning and minimal knitting means my yarn count will probably go up this month. Add my Three Irish Girls club purchase (480 yards) and the fact that it's Camp Week (5/7 - 5/13) for the first project of Camp Loopy 2014 (874 yards) to the spinning and the yardage starts to really go up. I am really excited about Camp Loopy - if you're unfamiliar, you do a project per month in June, July, and August. If you buy the yarn from The Loopy Ewe during Camp Week for each month, you get 20% off the order and you're eligible for the prize at the end, a custom-dyed skein of yarn. Prior prizes have been Woolmeise and Lorna's Laces Solemate. The worst part about Camp Week is that they're so fast and excellent with their shipping that I ordered on the first possible day, got it two days later, and now have to wait 22 days before I can start. Torture!


Project One is something 400+ yards that reminds you of a book or movie that you love. I had a couple of Harry Potter related projects in my queue, but I settled on some illusion Wonderland socks. They're reminiscent of the Cheshire Cat because the illusion cat only appears if you're looking at the right angle. I purchased perfect Cheshire Cat colors based on the Disney animated version.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!