Monday, February 2, 2015

Roosimine

First pair of socks of 2015, done and gorgeous!



Pattern: Roosimine (Ravelry mine)
Yarn: Eden Cottage Yarns BFL Sock in British Woodland and 8 grams of Cascade Heritage Silk Paints  leftover from other socks
Needles: US1.5/2.5mm
Timeframe: January 18 - 31, 2015
Mods: Did not do arch shaping, slipped the first and last stitch of every 2nd row in the heel flap, worked the cuff stripes in stockinette because I don't like thin stripes in ribbing.
Problems: None, great explanation, beautiful pattern!


This is a new technique for me, roosimine, and it's really simple! The contrasting color pattern is made by stranding the yarn in front of the knitting, and they use the same method I "created" for one of my first knitting projects, before I was told you can't do intarsia in the round (sadly, I do not have any pictures of that bag, and I really, really wish I had taken some). It's also nice because the contrasting color is only a few grams (8 in my case), leftovers from another pair of socks. Now, onto the next sock!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!